Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Things I've been doing instead of blogging

To be completely honest, I've been sleeping. Not the entire time of course. But I sleep so much more now than I ever did in my college years that I feel it warrants mentioning. Aaah, the summer life.

I've also been reading - a lot. Here are some of my favorite reads from this summer:

I love them all for different reasons. If you haven't read anything by Malcom Gladwell, do so now. I am a bit obsessed. Do they sell his books in a boxed set?

I have also been enjoying the perks of my recently acquired Netflix subscription.
I just watched this movie last night and I absolutely LOVED it! It's quirky, surprising, artfully filmed - I was really surprised by how much I liked it.

I have done a few things that actually require leaving the apartment. Joe and I have had a few Texas sized adventures. We've been to the Alamo, San Jacinto Monument, Galveston Island, State Capitol, Houston Zoo, museums - yeah, we've pretty much seen it all here in the Lonestar State.
Image from here

And just because I haven't been tending my blog, doesn't mean I've foresaken the blogging world completely. Here are some of my favorite blogs: (have a look for yourself, you won't regret it)

  • Design Mom - she blogs about work, life, style and tons of other cool stuff. Her taste is impeccable and her blog is a delightful read.
  • Jose Villa - my favorite wedding photographer EVER. Everything he does is perfection.
  • Tara Whitney - her family photos are awesome! And she is just so real. Her blog is a perfect balance of professional and personal and I can't get enough.
  • Apartment Therapy - because I am obsessed with home design. I have collected so many photos from this site.
OK, OK, you caught me. I haven't just been vacationing the entire time. I have been doing some work. I've been fulfilling print orders and preparing photos for online proofing. Here's a sneak peek of what's coming up tomorrow.

How adorable are my nephews? This family shoot was amazing and I can't wait to post them all.

3 comments:

April HelleDickson said...

Whitney- I think we might be soul mates. I loved A Tree Grows in Brooklyn and Lars and The Real Girl. Loved! I think Lars and the Real Girl might be our new "friend test." We watched it with this couple and as soon as it was over they said, "Well that was weird. We probably should have done something else." And that was when Dave and I knew they weren't our people.

Man, I wish we could build an instant teleport system so we could all be best friends.

Karen and Merrill said...

Sounds like a nice relaxing summer. And you're coming home soon!!

Old Joe said...

Whitney,
I would warn you not to tell a Texan that your list of adventures had "pretty much seen it all in the Lonestar State." Most would say you've only started! Good to hear you guys are getting a little break and some rest. Believe me, you are going to need it! Your pics of Dave and Mandee's family are beautiful. If we can get you to Missouri some time we'll have you do a little work up here. We have a new grandbaby you know.