Thursday, June 17, 2010

Hardie Family

That's right - they have the same last name as me. This is my brother-in-law's family and as far as mini-sessions go, they got the "mini-est" of them all.

You see, while the Bloomfield family (see previous post) may have a daughter who loves the camera, Dave and Mandee were blessed with two rambunctious little boys who love to do anything except sit still for family photos. But we still got a few good ones in there.

It helps that my sister-in-law is such a looker.



I know this isn't the photo most people choose to hang on their wall, but I love capturing the moments that say, "This is what having a family is really all about." There's something honest about this image.

What about you? Do you prefer candid craziness or posed perfection? What would a quintessential photo of your family look like?

In ours Joe would be laughing out loud while Ellie chews on my finger and I look perturbed about something. We would all be wearing gray sweatsuits - don't ask why.

2 comments:

Travis Lovell said...

Try to be creative with family pictures and eventually we end up right back to wearing matching outfits?! Gray sweatsuits huh?

P.S. Definitely candid craziness.

Mommazita said...

I love these pictures, too, because they are so real life. what a great family I have. Wish we all lived on the same street.