Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Home Improvement - Part 1

I had high hopes of following a week of daily posting with another week of daily posting, but last week found us a little distracted with our first painting project. We decided to transform our living room from plain-old rental to a more sophisticated space...
by painting the walls a lovely shade of gray.
Thank you Apartment Therapy for fueling my gray obsession.

This is what it looked like halfway through. We did finish and boy does it look nice! However, I'll not be showing anymore photos until we have it a little more furnished.
Unless of course you don't want to see at all. What do you think? Interested in the updates of our home improvement, or would you prefer the blog stayed true to professional photos and pictures of Ellie? Let me know in the comments!

10 comments:

April said...

I love everything - keep us updated on life too! Hope you're having a blast!

Deb said...

I'd definitely like to see more home improvement type photos. I'm so jealous that you get to paint and I can't wait to see what cute decor you put together.

Jess said...

I would like professional photos, pics of Ellie AND house updates! :)

Miss you Whit!

Katie said...

All of the above. I can use all the home improvement inspiration I can get!

ROCKWOOD FAMILY said...

we'd love to see your home improvement updates! Lovin' your blog!

Brooke said...

Your apartment looks so awesome! You're definitely the coolest people I know.

haley said...

Love it all. Give me more...Ellie, home improvement, pictures of my family. P.S- found an apartment in Merced...you are going to be jealous of the size and price. :)

Kelli Nicole said...

Totally want home updates. LOVE the gray. I want it.

Mommazita said...

I want pics of it all, including pics of Carl and Becca now that you are in NYC together. The grey looks nice, can't believe it took 2and 1/2 gallons. Have happy 4th of July weekend.

Allison said...

Good choice of color! I love gray tones, too. It goes with everything! (Or so I believe). And as I don't have a wall to paint right now, I end up investing in far too many gray articles of clothing.