Friday, July 2, 2010

Happy Birthday Joe

Today is my Joe's 25th birthday! I know many bloggers do a little tribute to their loved ones on their birthday, full of flattering pictures of the honored person. But on my blog, I like to keep it a little more real.

Here is Joe sleeping - on the morning of his birthday - this is how he looks before the birthday fun begins. So peaceful.
Pssst. Waaaaa-aaake uuuuuup - IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY!
One great thing about Joe - he always wakes up with a smile! I love that smile.
Then Ellie decided she need to come to bed to give her dad some birthday love. What a great cuddler she is, so affectionate.

Or maybe she's shielding her father from the stench of her stinky diaper.
Either way, she's a great daughter.

In honor of Joe's big day we're all going to the American Museum of Natural History. Tonight we're ordering dinner in at Carl and Becca's place (Joe's brother and sister-in-law) and watching Avatar courtesy of Netflix.
I think it's going to be a great day. Happy birthday my love.

6 comments:

haley said...

Enjoy the museum. Way jealous. Avatar is a great movie, and I was expecting to hate it.

ROCKWOOD FAMILY said...

happy quarter of a century birthday! WOW...have a great day!

Katie said...

Happy Birthday Joe!!! I hope it is fabulous! Whitney: Such fun/cute pictures! I especially like the waking up ones and the last (so sweet).

Deb said...

Such a cute post! Happy Birthday Joe! I hope you have a wonderful day!

Merrill said...

Joe- Happy Big Bad Birthday, Bro. Whitney, you document life like nobody's business. Keep it up- we love it!

-Merrill & Karen

Andrew and Ariel said...

Great pictures! And happy birthday!