Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Home Improvement - Part 2

Just thought I'd stop in and share my latest project in the Home Improvement arena.  By the way, did anyone else watch that show growing up?  It was a staple in my house.

Back to the project.  I refinished a chair that I've been meaning to work on for months and months - and I love the way it turned out.  I originally purchased it for $15 at an antique mall and used it in a shoot for my BFA project.

Before

And After

I feel like this chair has new life!  I'm very happy with the results and I think the updated version fits perfectly in our new space.  This is the first project where I visualized something in my head and then made it happen - it's a great feeling.  One of my favorite parts was picking out the fabric.  It's from Amy Butler's home decor line.


I'll admit to being a bit of a fabric nerd.  Her site makes me really giddy.  So that's the latest project around here.  We're expecting a rug and couch in the near future.  Then just a couple bookshelves later and I should be ready to share our living room with you!

Check back all this week for my latest photos of the city!

No comments: