Friday, March 18, 2011

Flynn's Birth Story - NYC Birth Photographer


These images literally changed my life.  To be there for the first moments of a person's life is amazing.  To see the strength of a woman and the loving support that surrounds her during birth is remarkable.  I have so much respect for the birthing process, and to capture these moments for a family is absolutely what I want to do for the rest of my life.

I've finally found my photographic calling.  To Stacey, Joe, and little Flynn - thank you so much for trusting me with this sacred task.

If any of you are at all interested in having your birth story documented, please contact me!  The first three women in NYC (with a due date before October) to book with me will have their birth story documented free of charge.

11 comments:

Kelli Nicole said...

Beautiful!!! You did an amazing job.

Karen and Merrill said...

These are beautiful Whitney! You are such a fantastic photographer!

Alycia said...

Can you please come to Seattle the next time I have a baby. ;) These are breathtaking.

haley said...

Your photos are quite breath-taking. I don't even know these people, but your photo-story was enriching.

Katie said...

Lovely and moving. I am happy for you and happy for the families you will bless.

Andrew and Ariel said...

How beautiful! I definitely want you there next time. Well done. And what a beautiful baby!

Katie said...

Wow. These are stunning. What a once in a lifetime experience. So much emotion and joy in all of them. I love the one at the end with the city lights and Stacey smiling at him in her lap.

Amazing job, Whitney!

Abbie said...

Oh Whitney, just beautiful. I totally got weepy. I love you and I love Stacey. Beautiful. As soon as I give birth again, you are my woman!

deb said...

These are amazing!! Why couldn't I have known you when I gave birth?? I also love the one with Stacy, Flynn and the city lights. Something about the one with the foot stamp makes it my fave.

So excited about this blog!

Old Joe said...

This is remarkable! Will you take pics when Laurie & I have another one? Being there when my kids were born were two of the most awe filled moments of my life. You seem to have captured the magic of that wonderful event. Nice job.

Haleh said...

Whitney, your photographs are so touching. I especially liked seeing the parents prepare and have their baby born. Thank you for sharing.

love,
haleh