Thursday, September 15, 2011

Thomas' Birth Story - NYC Birth Photographer

I arrived in the middle of the night.  We hung out, photographed, talked, slept, and waited.  Went on a walk in the morning, then waited some more.  I left in the afternoon to give the laboring woman some space.  When I came back, Thomas had arrived.  I may have missed the moment of his arrival, but I was still so glad to have captured the memories of the big day for this family.  Thank you for letting me be a part of it.
Yes, I did photograph a woman laboring with NYC in the background.  One more reason to love my job!

If you are considering having your birth story documented, please contact me at whitneyhardie(at)gmail(dot)com.  I'd love to talk with you about it.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Beautiful! I love the one where she is sitting and looking down at her new little baby. She looks so calm and at peace.

The Colbys... written by Erin said...

Ahhh! Where were you during my home birth! You're an amazing photographer:) I also love the one where she is looking down at the baby with her glasses on. It's so nice to be done with birth and be able to take in the new joy!

congrats!

Apartment Planner said...

Thank you so much for taking these amazing photos. I am so glad you were part of Thomas's birth.